A Year of Coloring Affirmations for New Mothers – It’s finally here!
A Year of Coloring Affirmations for New Mothers includes 52 pages of positive affirmations to give new mothers the encouragement, confidence, inner strength and coping abilities they need to get through the unexpected ups and downs of the early years of motherhood.
Motherhood is something that nobody can really prepare for. You can read every book, follow every routine, do everything right, have the “perfect” baby, and still not cope. Sometimes it’s hormones, sometimes it’s post natal depression, and sometimes it’s just a bad day. In those moments, it’s hard to ask for help, but sometimes all it takes is an encouraging word or a boost of confidence to get through. One positive thought can change your entire day.
This is so much more than just another adult coloring book. It is an opportunity for mothers everywhere to remember that they are loved and valued. It’s the perfect gift from a friend or spouse that says “hang in there, you’re doing great!” on those hard days.
• When your baby is crying because they don’t want to have a nap today…. Color “My baby loves me”
• When you’re feeling like a bad mother for using the TV so you can take a break… Color “I am proud of the Mother I am”
• When you’ve called your friend for the fifth time this week to settle your baby… Color “It’s ok to ask for help”
• When your baby is teething in the middle of a growth spurt and won’t eat or sleep… Color “I have been through hard days before and I will get through today”
• When you accidentally cut your child’s fingers instead of cutting their nails… color “I’m a good mother”
• When you’re eating breakfast while your husband is preparing lunch… Color “If I’m out of my pajamas by noon, it’s a great day”
• When that nappy just wasn’t big enough… Color “This too shall pass”
• When your baby finally falls asleep in your arms instead of their cot… Color “I will enjoy every cuddle”
• When you are second guessing your decisions and feeling like a failure… Color “I am strong enough to fight my insecurities”
(Pictures above colored by Debbie Shepherd, Linda Franklin, Michelle H-H, Tricia Abbott, Amber Brooks, Emma Turnbull and Rachael Harland.)
I have created the pages of this affirmation coloring book during my own challenging days in my first year as a new mother. You can find out more about how this book came about, and my own story as a new mother in my previous post here.
A Year of Coloring Affirmations for New Mothers” is now on sale for 3 days only!